Americana duo, The Winnie Blues release their debut album ‘Half Wide Awake, but Dreaming’ (July 16th, 2021) on Two Hands Records.
Recorded live at Dog House Studios in Nashville, Tennessee, this album is a collection of harmonically-intricate stories capturing a shared essence of middle America mixed with outback and urban Australia. Stories of being apart from the ones you love and an uprising of yourself in a world that wants to hold you back.
‘Half Wide Awake, but Dreaming’ flirts with the Americana-genre, by gently caressing parts of its main domains- country, singer-songwriter, folk and sexy pop (what?).
In making the record, The Winnie Blues worked with Producer/Mixer Nick Bullock and built a band of world-class musicians to capture their sound. With Ryan Brewer (drums & piano), Cam Carrus (bass), Chris Lippincott (pedal steel) and Joanna Sugermeli (strings), ‘Half Wide Awake, but Dreaming’ is at times lush, uplifting and sprawling, and at other times sparse, intimate, and devastating.
As part of their debut album launch, The Winnie Blues are set to tour across the U.S through late-summer/fall of 2021, starting with their album launch at Nashville’s famous Dee’s Country Cocktail Lounge on Friday July 30th. Initial dates are listed below, stay tuned for full tour dates!
‘Heartfelt, earnest and, above all, beautifully crafted and sung by Americana-duo The Winnie Blues, also-known-as Alice Beatty and Cameron Potts…fate threw them together, but their talent and sumptuous harmonies sustain their musical relationship. ‘Little Pressures’ is the second single from the pair’s upcoming debut album. This is one to watch out for’- Andrew Frolish, Americana UK
* Their first single ‘Coming Home to You’ was nominated as a top 5 finalist in the Blues and Roots International Song Contest.
* The music videos for subsequent singles Tennessee Rain and Little Pressures have both featured nationally on CMT Australia.
*Half Wide Awake, But Dreaming featured as album of the week for ABC Country Radio, Australia
The Winnie Blues – Half Wide Awake Tour
- Friday 30th July –Dee’s Country Cocktail Lounge, Nashville TN
- Sunday 8th August- Hinterland Festival, St. Charles, Iowa
- Wednesday 11th August – Awendaw Green, Awendaw, South Carolina
- Thursday 12th August- Canopy + The Roots, Dahlonega, Georgia
- Friday 13th August- Radio Room, Greenville, South Carolina
- Saturday 14th August, Matilda’s Under the Pines, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Saturday 21st August, Alternating Currents, Davenport Iowa
- Tuesday 24th August, Private House Show, Des Moines, Iowa
- Thursday 23rd September, AmericanaFest, City Winery Lounge, Nashville, TN
- Wednesday 29th September, Will's Pub, Orlando, FL
- Friday 1st October, Lightnin' Salvage, Gainesville, FL
- Saturday 2nd October, Dog Rose Brewing Co., St.Augustine, FL
"Shot in downtown Nashville at 5.30am, the video highlights the juxtaposition of the individual in a setting that is usually teeming with people. It works perfectly for the song that’s gently propelled by a dreamy, cosmic country sound. Unhurried and filled with beautiful and subtle instrumental moments – piano, pedal steel, shimmering electric guitar and more. Change – the willingness to make it happen and the pain and indecision involved in doing so, is at the core of the song"- Post to Wire
Sign up to hear from us about all things The Winnie Blues!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States